Saturday, January 21, 2017

Filling ourselves before filling others: how to be in the word of God in and out of season

Here's the deal: false sense of security is alive and well today. 
Take a look at the devotional I did below:
1. A source of false security in my life might be listening to music when I feel lonely or sad instead of reading my bible.
2. Sulking in music and not reading my bible or praying.
3. Lord Jesus I pray that you would be my soul security in my moments where I feel less and less secure. I pray that you would give me the strength to stand firm against the enemy's attacks when I feel vulnerable and help me not to listen to my headphones when I feel that way. In Jesus name amen. 


Isaiah 31:1-3 NIV
[1] Woe to those who go down to Egypt for help,
 who rely on horses, who trust in the multitude of their chariots and in the great strength of their horsemen, but do not look to the Holy One of Israel, or seek help from the Lord. [2] Yet he too is wise and can bring disaster; he does not take back his words. He will rise up against that wicked nation, against those who help evildoers. [3] But the Egyptians are mere mortals and not God; their horses are flesh and not spirit. When the Lord stretches out his hand, those who help will stumble, those who are helped will fall; all will perish together.
Isaiah 65:17-25 NIV
[17] “See, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind. [18] But be glad and rejoice forever in what I will create, for I will create Jerusalem to be a delight and its people a joy. [19] I will rejoice over Jerusalem and take delight in my people; the sound of weeping and of crying will be heard in it no more. [20] “Never again will there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not live out his years; the one who dies at a hundred will be thought a mere child; the one who fails to reach a hundred will be considered accursed. [21] They will build houses and dwell in them; they will plant vineyards and eat their fruit. [22] No longer will they build houses and others live in them, or plant and others eat. For as the days of a tree, so will be the days of my people; my chosen ones will long enjoy the work of their hands. [23] They will not labor in vain, nor will they bear children doomed to misfortune; for they will be a people blessed by the Lord, they and their descendants with them. [24] Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear. [25] The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, and dust will be the serpent's food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain,” says the Lord.
Jeremiah 9:23-24 NIV
[23] This is what the Lord says: “Let not the wise boast of their wisdom or the strong boast of their strength or the rich boast of their riches, [24] but let the one who boasts boast about this: that they have the understanding to know me, that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight,” declares the Lord.
Haggai 1:3-11 NIV
[3] Then the word of the Lord came through the prophet Haggai: [4] “Is it a time for you yourselves to be living in your paneled houses, while this house remains a ruin? ” [5] Now this is what the Lord Almighty says: “Give careful thought to your ways. [6] You have planted much, but harvested little. You eat, but never have enough. You drink, but never have your fill. You put on clothes, but are not warm. You earn wages, only to put them in a purse with holes in it.” [7] This is what the Lord Almighty says: “Give careful thought to your ways. [8] Go up into the mountains and bring down timber and build my house, so that I may take pleasure in it and be honored, ” says the Lord. [9] “You expected much, but see, it turned out to be little. What you brought home, I blew away. Why?” declares the Lord Almighty. “Because of my house, which remains a ruin, while each of you is busy with your own house. [10] Therefore, because of you the heavens have withheld their dew and the earth its crops. [11] I called for a drought on the fields and the mountains, on the grain, the new wine, the olive oil and everything else the ground produces, on people and livestock, and on all the labor of your hands. ”
Revelation 21:1-5 NIV
[1] Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. [2] I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. [3] And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God's dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. [4] 'He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death' or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” [5] He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”
Isaiah 32:10 NIV
[10] In little more than a year you who feel secure will tremble; the grape harvest will fail, and the harvest of fruit will not come.
Isaiah 32:15-18 NIV
[15] till the Spirit is poured on us from on high, and the desert becomes a fertile field, and the fertile field seems like a forest. [16] The Lord's justice will dwell in the desert, his righteousness live in the fertile field. [17] The fruit of that righteousness will be peace; its effect will be quietness and confidence forever. [18] My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest.

Honestly listening to music blasting loud in our ears is a sense of false security not to mention that it does us no good if we isolate from others. We need to read our bible daily and get immersed in the word. Also, www.proverbs31.org can help as well.
I have learned to listen to the word daily and know when to speak and when to be silent. But knowing when to speak and when to be silent comes from knowledge of the word of God, not ourselves.

For more encouragement go to: www.iluvbingjcsbride.blogspot.com or http://growthinfaith.blogspot.com/ to find more encouragement. Also, http://praywithme101.blogspot.com/ might help as well.

Giving encouragement is crucial if we want to live as Christians but we need to fill ourselves with the word of God and not people or stuff.

Hope this encouragement leads you to the Lord.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment