Monday, April 22, 2019

Lost bibles and the reality of God’s spoken word: what not to carry around with you at all times instead of memorizing it 

I was walking around in Marina the other day, the day before Easter Sunday, when I noticed something that was not right. My purse was on me, my two phones were working just fine and I was throttling along, alone, like it was no one’s business. Life was merry for me! Only one problem: My bible was missing! To be sure and brutality honest with you all, I don’t need that precious bible since where ever I am, I am surrounded by homeless people. So maybe someone needed it more than I do!
I straight up PANICKED, for I knew this bible meant everything to me because it had its cross references in written form so I would not have to use my phone.
Minus the fit and texted and calling everybody, I learned a harsh hard lesson: God’s word was not meant to be idolized as written form. It was also used to be used as audio bible.
If you are looking for Christ in God, He is right next to you! Sometimes you need the written word of God but not to carry around with you as idolatry an item.
May God bless you this season whatever that season may be, and may he be with you all your days.
Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment